kiki mitt kat

kiki mitt kat
Blimey!...Look what lovely surprises are waiting for me!

Monday 16 May 2011

TV, or no TV, that is the question ...

Ok, so I decided that having a telly is a waste of time, money & space. 
It usually has depressing news, advertisements & repeats.  I refuse to organise my evenings around soaps & if I do want to watch anything, it will be on iplayer at a time that I choose. 
My cancellation date was the 9th May & I was really looking forward to having the freedom to rearrange my lounge so that the focus is the fireplace not the box in the corner of the room.
I managed to ignore numerous sales calls from my provider until the Friday before lift off (or lift out, should I say).  I was caught unawares & picked up the phone - it was the retention team at Virgin. 
How difficult can it be to explain that you just don't want TV?
Anyway, all I can say is that the cancellation date has passed & I still have my set top box.  It's tucked away in a cupboard gathering dust until the Six Nations next year I expect.
I'm paying less now to keep it than I would have had I got rid of it & saved myself twenty quid!
How?
Money talks - silly really ...  

No comments:

Post a Comment