kiki mitt kat

kiki mitt kat
Blimey!...Look what lovely surprises are waiting for me!

Wednesday 14 May 2014

From 'One Night of Elvis' tribute to the real McCoy #elvislives

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of witnessing the closest thing to Elvis in the hip wiggling form of Lee Memphis King.
What a night!
I was neatly placed right in the middle of the front row of the circle at the Palace theatre, Manchester.  When he walked on stage in those '68 Special black leathers, I must have looked similar to a goggle-eyed frog!  Never seen anything like it in my life (except on YouTube)!!  The first half was a mirror image of the original show - Baby, what you want me to do, Hound Dog, Heartbreak Hotel,  jamming sessions the lot! 
And to finish the first half of the performance ... OMG!  My favourite of all... 'If I can Dream' complete with crisp white suit & red neck tie!
Well, I almost fainted...*sighs
The second half was a whole white suited Vegas affair reenacted - CC Rider, Poke Salad Annie, Moody Blue, American Trilogy and more.  The guy sounds, looks and moves like the King.  Absolutely bloody awesome!
I was emotionally drained by the end of the night but walked out of there grinning like I'd had a spangly new set of Hollywood smile dentures fitted. 
(I was a little perplexed on the way out when I overheard a couple of women.
"It's a shame he didn't sing any new stuff...." Hmmm, not quite sure what they meant by that but I'm pretty certain Elvis hasn't released a new album for quite some time.).

Still, only four days to go until I'm at the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester to see Elvis for real. - well, as a hologram actually.
I understand that the accoustics in this place are absolutely fantastic. 

I've never been to a concert where the act isn't actually there before so will let you know ...

No comments:

Post a Comment